Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Which glasses are you wearing now?

Recently I posted on the benefits not to take anything personally.
I can't stress enough how different your life will be if you follow this suggestion!

In fact, we make grow many of the situations we find everyday by just focusing on them and making them become "problems".  It is the pair of glasses we wear at that precise moment what makes us decide to consider the situation a problem, or a little inconvenience, or an unexpected result, or even an adventure!
We have the choice to decide which pair of glasses we wear:  it just requires to be aware of this: your thoughts are not you. We empower them by giving them our attention and supporting them with our feelings. We make them strong and eternal or let them pass away, depending on how we respond to them.
Whenever you face what it first seems to you as a problem, just take a deep breath, and choose to wear a different pair of glasses, choose something that motivates you, and focus your attention with questions and emotions:

How curious!! I didn't expect something like this!  What can I learn from it?  How can I use this result to achieve my goal, to achieve what I planned?  How can I make of this a way to achieve my goal even faster?

I have empowering beliefs that support me in these situations.
I believe that whatever happens around me, it is for my greatest good. I always believed that what matters is the long term result.  As long as I am focused on something, it does not matter the time it takes, but I will get my goal.  In fact, this makes me feel free of the time demands.  I ask myself, what else can I do to achieve my goal?  And whatever happens is a lesson for me, a lesson about flow, change, and acceptance, in my way to become a better person.  With this pair of glasses, I am unstoppable.  Sometimes I run, sometimes I crawl, but I am certain to move towards my goals.  This is my pair of glasses.

Which pair of glasses are you wearing right now?
Maybe you feel excited.  Maybe you feel skeptic.  It is your choice. Your feelings tell you which glasses you wear.  Never blame, but thank them.  They give you feedback.  It is up to you to choose another pair if this one doesn't suit you.

5 comments:

  1. I guess I'm wearing the skeptic glasses. If we are not our thoughts, what are we? To be classical: "cogito, ergo sum". If there is something that makes me different, that defines me, this is my mind, my thoughts, my way of understanding the universe. For sure the feelings modulate the thought, but without it I lose my personality.

    But thank you for your post, it's full of nice questions that deserve some thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Pere.

    Skepticism is not a pair of glasses. It is just what your glasses make you feel about what you had read.
    Thoughts come and go, if we let them. If we observe them flowing, we realize that we are not our thoughts, we are the observer, and somebody else as well... the one who watches the observer. The observation of our thoughts is one of the most powerful meditation techniques... but this is subject for another post.

    I believe that we are not our mind. Our mind is just a tool, a powerful one. So powerful that often runs in automatic mode for many people, programming their lives without them noticing.
    When you master your mind and control when it thinks, what it focuses on, and which way it focuses on your goals, you control the steering wheel of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you can lose your personality you can get closer to your true self".
    Personality is related with mask, this is a great pair of glasses!! Thanks Jorge.
    evasandoval.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jorge for making me again conscious about the fact, that we decide ourselves what we want to do/see/etc. I am totally in line with the fact, that you control the "glasses". I personally think that the art is not to wear the glasses but to control the kind of glasses you are wearing. We are often controlled by external conditions which do not make you feel always confortable. That is why the art is to wear the glasses which makes you feel happy/comfortable/good ... then you start to be where you really are! It is not easy at all. Thank you Jorge for the impulse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Eva and Ana!
    To me, personality is a box that we use to define-limit-pack people as we met them.
    What is easy, what is difficult,... I don't know. Something seems easy or difficult to me depending on my mood, on my perception. That's why it becomes essential to control and change our perceptions by monitoring and choosing the thoughts we put attention on.

    ReplyDelete